Welcome to Chestnuts Australia Inc.
Our Mission Our Organisation is dedicated to the growth of the Chestnut Industry through:
- Grower Education
- Sharing of Information
The Association assists members with first hand information on the growing, harvesting and marketing of chestnuts. We aim to achieve these objectives through annual and special meetings, conferences, field days, and farm walks. Personal contact with other members at these and less structured functions are also very important.
*Chestnut Blight Spring Surveillance 2023*
Another Spring surveillance of chestnut orchards in the Upper Ovens Valley is planned to be carried out by CAI volunteers in October 2023. Can you assist? Please contact the IBO.
In the meantime as a chestnut grower we need your assistance to carry out a survey of your own trees using the form below.
Surveys of all orchards Australia wide would also be helpful.
Industry thanks you!
Return forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Comprehensive Info to manage Chestnut Blight*
CAI has been working with Agriculture Victoria and preparing a wealth of material for growers, their staff and other support people to undertake a comprehensive survey program.
Some of the material includes:
- Guide to managing Chestnut Blight
- Chestnut Blight surveillance form
- Guide to the removal of Chestnut Blight infected trees – information is within the ‘Guide to managing chestnut blight’
- Chestnut Blight Poster
- Pests and diseases of Chestnut trees – as a poster
- A full on-line Training Program – The chestnut blight online course can be accessed via the Agriculture Victoria Learning Management System at https://learning.agriculture.vic.gov.au/. Users will need to sign up to access the course but it is free and quick to register.
- AgVic have also updated the chestnut blight page here https://agriculture.vic.gov.au/biosecurity/plant-diseases/fruit-and-nut-diseases/nuts/chestnut-blight
Work on the Chestnut Biosecurity Planner has been completed. A hard copy has been posted to each CAI member. The planner is such that you can write notes in each of the sections to assist you in undertaking your own on-farm biosecurity. Use the document also to inform, train and educate your orchard staff!
CAI serves as an umbrella organisation, representing and progressing the interests of everyone in the chestnut industry